Call for Readers for the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2024/2025: On this page we are going to give you full information about Call for Readers for the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2024/2025. Moving forward, you will be presented with the accurate and reliable details regarding this scholarship program. The requirements, eligibility, application procedure, and additional information based on Call for Readers for the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2024/2025.
It is highly recommended to read all details on this page, do not skip any part because all aspects in this very content matter. Reading all information about Call for Readers for the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2024/2025 is essential so as to guarantee a deep understanding of how the scholarship will be processed.
Kindly note that we are not affiliated with this Institution, all information on this page is only written to guide and educate you. You are advised to visit the official website after reading this content. You will find the official website of the Institution below.
Call for Readers for the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program
For the 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship, the U.S. Department of State and IREX are looking for academic, professional, and local experts to review and grade the applications. For the first eight years of the Fellowship, there were 5,800 Fellow positions available, and there were nearly 300,000 applications from 49 sub-Saharan African nations.
The Young African Leaders Initiative’s main program is the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders (YALI). The Fellowship offers exceptional opportunities for Fellows and American citizens to work together as they promote economic growth and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and enhance peace and security throughout Africa and the United States. Young leaders are brought to the United States for academic study and leadership training.
Readers will be in charge of assessing program candidates in accordance with predetermined standards and a scoring system. The reading period will start on September 15, 2022, and last up to three times, with each reading session lasting roughly two weeks. It will last from mid-September to early November. Each reading phase will include a group of chosen readers who will review about 40 applications.
The Responsibilities of Reading Period
- Readers will be in charge of assessing program applications in accordance with predetermined standards and a scoring criteria. For professionals or those pursuing degrees, this is a fantastic chance for volunteer professional growth and resume building.
- The reading period will start on September 14, 2022, and last up to three times, with each reading session lasting roughly two weeks. It will end in early November.
- To examine about 40 applications, chosen readers will be allocated to one of the reading phases.
- The time investment is anticipated to be 10 hours altogether, with reading and scoring each application taking about 10-15 minutes.
Mandela Washington Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Academics and/or professionals with experience in business, civic engagement, or public administration, who have worked in Africa, or who have experience working on sub-Saharan African issues are the ideal readers. Employees of the U.S. government and former Fellows are both eligible.
- Readership is ineligible for the 2023 Fellowship applicants.
How to apply for Call for Readers for the Mandela Washington Fellowship Program 2023
- If you are interested in serving as a reader, please complete the application form as soon as possible.
- Submit the application form by September 2, 2022 to be eligible for the reading pool starting from the first phase.
- IREX will confirm via email whether you are selected to be a reader before the Fellowship application closes on September 13, 2022.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CLICK HERE.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide ” the CEO of WITSPOT.ORG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news around the world. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|