How to check school admission status on JAMB CAPS: Would you like to use the joint admissions and matriculation board portal (JAMB) to confirm whether you have been offered admission to a university/college/technical college/university of your choice? If so, see the process below to confirm your admission status on JAMB.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has activated a portal, where direct entry and UTME applicants can now check and confirm their admission status for all years. Checking the JAMB Portal Acceptance Status is completely FREE!
See how to check admission status without email 2023/2024
In fact, some universities/colleges/colleges may not publish their admission lists on their portals or bulletin boards on time. For applicants to enter the school, the only way to know when they will be offered admission is to check their admission status on the JAMB status verification portal.
How to check school admission status on JAMB CAPS 20203/2024
If you don’t have a JAMB account yet (especially applicants from 2016), you will need to create one to verify your admission status.
If you already have a JAMB account, follow the five (5) simple steps outlined below to check your admission status on the JAMB portal:
STEP 1: Open the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) e-facility portal – portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
STEP 2: Log in to your Jamb account with your username and password.
STEP 3: Once you have successfully logged in, scroll down and find the “Check admission Status” tab and click on it.
STEP 4: Select the exam year and enter your registration number in the required field.
STEP 5: Finally, click the Check admission Status button to access the JAMB admission Status.
Below is a list of the responses you will receive from JAMB and what they mean:
- CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSION: you can now proceed to ACCEPT or Reject the admission offer.
- ADMISSION IN PROGRESS: this means you have been recommended for admission and only undergoing processing. With admission in progress, consider yourself admitted. Just keep checking back and see the notification change to congratulations you have been admitted.
- NOT ADMITTED: this response simply means you are yet to be considered for admission. Regularly check the JAMB site to see if any changes occur.
The next step for applicants who are accepted on the JAMB portal
Successful candidates are recommended:
- Log in to your JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and ACCEPT or REJECT your admission offer.
- Print the JAMB admission Letter after accepting it. This is required during final clearance and registration.
- Print the original JAMB result slip (this is accompanied by the attached passport photo).
- Apply for a change of course on the JAMB portal if you are offered a different course than the one you originally applied for.
Why you can’t see admission offer on your JAMB CAPS
If you can’t see an admission offer on your JAMB CAPS, don’t panic yet. Some factors can cause it, but relax I’m going to highlight a few below.
- Admission is not yet commenced
- You have an offer to accept a new course of study. If you don’t accept the offer you will not be given admission
- You chose the wrong subject combination in JAMB.
- Your OLevel result does not qualify for admission
- Your course of choice is too competitive. This means that a lot of candidates have been offered admission into your selected course and the quota is already full.
- JAMB CAPS functions randomly, it takes a while for some candidates to see an admission offer.
- You are totally not eligible for admission.
- Low JAMB Score.
- You are not in the catchment area.
See other JAMB Related Posts
- JAMB registration requirements 2022/2023
- JAMB Correction Of Data 2022/2023
- How to get JAMB profile code 2022/2023 [FAST METHODS]
- JAMB cut off mark for 2022/2023 [UPDATED]
- JAMB Portal Login 2022/2023 for all activities
- How to print Original JAMB result slip online 2022 [FAST METHOD]
- How to check JAMB admission status without email address 2022/2023 [QUICK TIPS]
- JAMB 2022/2023 Subjects Combination for all Courses
- Auchi Poly Class List 2022/2023 [UPDATED]
- UNIZIK Courses 2022/2023 [UPDATED]
- JAMB 2022/2023 recommended texts for Literature in English
- Auchi Polytechnic Cut Off Mark 2022/2023 [ALL COURSES]
Wish you best of luck as you know How to check school admission status, what to do after accepting admission on caps, and JAMB CAPS PORTAL.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide ” the CEO of WITSPOT.ORG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news around the world. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|
12 thoughts on “How To Check School Admission Status 2023/2024 [MORE-INFO]”
I scored 219 in jamb and I still haven’t gotten admission from unijos n how do I check if I’ve gotten admission
My score in jamb is 144 am I need admission
Can I get admitted to lasu to study accounting with 247 in jamb and my aggregate for my screening is 61.88%
Is admission out for lasu already
I scored 226 in jamb utme and 190 in post utme to study law in unical but forgot to upload my o’level result in my school portal. Am I
eligible to be admitted?
I want to check my admission status
I want to no if my name has come out from oscotech list
I want to no if my name have come out from Nekede per time list,am tired of waiting
Please I need form to any school evening form,Nekede admission waiting is take my time
I don’t know my jamb password how do I get it