Are you interested in Joining DSS in Nigeria? Or do you just want to know how Department of State Service recruitment is done? Either way, you are welcome to this page. Regarding the Recruitment of the Department of State Service, you will learn all the necessary information. You will get to read about the following subjects;
- Department of State Service recruitment Eligibility/Requirements
- Application Procedure
- Possible Screening Date
- The latest news on Department of State Service recruitment
- List of available Police Screening centers around Nigeria
- Nigeria Department of State Service Firearms, and additional information regarding Department of State Service recruitment 2023/2024.
QUICK INFO! It is recommended to read every aspect on this page, trust me all aspects matter so you won’t make mistakes during registration. It will also get you informed about what you don’t know.
Before I proceed to the main topic, let’s quickly discuss the history of Department of State Service.
Brief History of the Nigerian Department of State Service
The origins of the State Security Service (SSS) or Department of State Services (DSS) can be traced back to pre-colonial Nigeria. It was initially established in 1948 with the founding of the then “E” Department (Special Branch) in the Office of the Inspector General of the Nigeria Police Force.
Following the failed coup of 1976, during which the then-head of state, General Murtala Mohammed, was slain, General Olusegun Obasanjo issued the NSO Proclamation No.16 (1976) in one of his most important national duties as President. The Nigerian Security Organization (NSO) was established by the Decree in response to the security issue faced by the failed coup in 1976. The NSO was subsequently tasked with the timely acquisition of relevant and thoroughly-analyzed intelligence required to tackle the highlighted issues, as well as other matters bordering on national security.
General Ibrahim Babangida’s regime, which began in 1985, restructured and reorganized the NSO by Decree No. 19 of 1986, better known as the National Security Agencies (NSA) Decree, 1986. This exercise resulted in the formation of three (3) distinct organizations: the State Security Service (SSS), the Defence Intelligence Service (DIS), and the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) (NIA). Since the country’s transition from military to civilian government in 1999, the Service has continued to nurture, sustain, and protect democratic governance.
After discussing the brief history of DSS, let’s proceed to the reason Department of State Service recruitment is essential.
Why the DSS recruitment process is important and what it aims to achieve
- Ensuring the security of the nation
- Selecting the right candidates
- Promoting transparency and fairness
- Building a competent workforce
- Ensuring compliance with the law
Roles and Responsibilities of DSS Officers
- Intelligence gathering and analysis
- Counter-terrorism operations
- Protection of VIPs and dignitaries
- Protection of government facilities and critical infrastructure
- Investigations and surveillance
- Border security and management
- Protection of classified information
- Counterintelligence operations
- Cybersecurity and information technology management
- Training and development of staff
- Public relations and community outreach
- Liaison with other security agencies and international partners.
Now, let’s move on to the eligibility requirements for DSS recruitment.
Requirements for DSS recruitment 2023/2024
The requirements for DSS recruitment are divided into many parts which are;
- Educational qualifications
- Age limits
- Physical requirements.
Educational Requirements for Nigeria Department of State Service Jobs 2023/2024
The DSS educational requirement is any qualification from any recognized institution is accepted. Also, possession of B.Sc, HND, ND, or NCE certificate is also required.
Age limit requirements for DSS Requirements
Applicants interested in the SSS recruitment must not be over 30 years at the time of application.
Not be less than 1.65 metres for female and 1.69 metres for male candidates respectively.
How to Apply for DSS recruitment 2023/2024
To apply, fill out the application form on and include all the necessary details. Please make sure you supply the information requested on the Nigeria Department of State Service recruiting portal and carefully follow the application instructions.
Go into https://www.dss.gov.ng/dss_career, fill out the form, and make sure to frequently visit this page for updates on the status of your application and other instructions.
The steps to apply for Nigeria Department of State Service Service (DSS) recruitment are as follows:
- Visit the DSS recruitment site.
- Choose “Apply”
- Get the application code by completing the form.
- A clear passport photo and your credentials should be uploaded.
- Select Continue.
FAQs about the Department of State Service recruitment 2023/2024
This section will discuss further the frequently asked questions about DSS recruitment 2023. Kindly go through them carefully below;
Is DSS recruitment 2023 out?
As of the time of writing this post, the Department of State Service recruitment 2023 is not out yet! This means that the DSS recruitment for 2023 has not been released. Check back later for further updates. Or you can subscribe to our website via the subscription button above or below for a quick notification immediately after Department of State Service recruitment in Nigeria is out.
When is the aptitude test for DSS recruitment 2023?
The aptitude test for the Nigeria Department of State Service job will be announced as soon as the application form is out. It is advisable to check back later for further updates about the DSS job application for 2023.
When is the physical screening for Department of State Service recruitment 2023?
The physical screening for the Nigeria Department of State Service job will be announced as soon as the application form is out. It is advisable to check back later for further updates about the DSS recruitment application for 2023.
Read more about DSS screening date
Is the DSS shortlisted out 2023/2024?
The Department of State Service recruitment shortlist will be released as soon as the physical screening/aptitude test is done. Check here for more information about the DSS shortlist 2023.
Read more about DSS shortlisted candidates
How to avoid errors in Department of State Service recruitment application form?
In other to prevent errors during the application of Department of State Service recruitment kindly go through the few tips below;
- Visit a standard and reliable cybercafe near you
- Make sure there is good and strong web connectivity before commencing your registration
- Ensure to use a functional mobile number. you can use any number.
- Ensure to use a functional email address.
- Review your form and ensure that there are no errors before and after you submit it.
- Make use of a clear photo
I’m sure this article has covered all aspects of the Department of State Service recruitment 2023/2024. However, if you still have any questions you intend to ask, kindly drop them in the comment section below. Best of Luck with your application.
Realated DSS Posts
His name is Ibrahim Olamide ” the CEO of WITSPOT.ORG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news around the world. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|