Are you interested in Joining NIS in Nigeria? Or do you just want to know how Nigeria Immigration Recruitment is done? Either way, you are welcome to this page. Regarding the Recruitment of Nigeria Immigration, you will learn all the necessary information. You will get to read about the following subjects;
- Nigeria Immigration Recruitment Eligibility/Requirements
- Application Procedure
- Possible Screening Date
- List of available Police Screening centers around Nigeria
- Nigeria Immigration Firearms, and additional information regarding Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2023/2024.
See the official Nigeria immigration recruitment portal
QUICK INFO! It is recommended to read every aspect on this page, trust me all aspects matter so you won’t make mistakes during registration. It will also get you informed about what you don’t know.
Before I proceed to the main topic, let’s quickly discuss the history of Nigeria immigration according to this page.
Brief History of the Nigerian Immigration
Since it was separated from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) in 1958, the NIS has undergone a number of modifications over the years. The Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO), as it was known at the time, was given responsibility for the department’s primary immigration functions, and Mr. EH Harrison was the first person to occupy that position. The Immigration Ordinance of 1958 served as the department’s operating framework when it was in its infancy. In order to achieve the desired goals and objectives of the government, the department initially had a limited operational scope and kept a low profile. Just the Visa and Business Sections were established during this time.
Nonetheless, the Immigration Department officially became a department on August 1st, 1963, when it was created by an Act of Parliament, Cap. I71, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria. The Director of Immigration was the title given to the division’s chief. Hence, the initial group of immigration officials consisted of ex-NPF officers. As a Civil Service organization, it was transformed into a department under the direction and control of the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs (FMIA).
On October 1st, 1992, the title “Director of Immigration” was changed to “Comptroller General of Immigration Service” as a result of institutional reforms and a government white paper, giving the Service a paramilitary character. As a result, Garba Abbas, the first Comptroller General of Immigration (CGI), succeeded the previous Director of Immigration.
Federal Road Safety Corps, See the FRSC Recruitment
After discussing the brief history of NIS, let’s proceed to the reason Nigeria immigration recruitment is essential.
Why the NIS recruitment process is important and what it aims to achieve
- To ensure national security by selecting the best and most qualified candidates to protect Nigeria’s borders and maintain law and order.
- To provide employment opportunities for Nigerian citizens and promote socio-economic development.
- To improve the professionalism and efficiency of the NIS by recruiting competent and dedicated officers.
- To uphold the principles of fairness, transparency, and accountability in the recruitment process and prevent any form of discrimination or bias.
- To enhance the public image and reputation of the NIS by demonstrating its commitment to merit-based recruitment and good governance.
Roles and Responsibilities of NIS Officers
- Protecting Nigeria’s borders and preventing illegal entry or exit of people, goods, and contraband.
- Enforcing immigration laws and regulations and prosecuting offenders.
- Conducting passport and visa application processing and issuing travel documents.
- Conducting intelligence gathering and sharing with relevant authorities to prevent and combat terrorism, transnational crime, and other security threats.
- Providing assistance and support to migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers in accordance with national and international laws and standards.
Now, let’s move on to the eligibility requirements for NIS recruitment.
Requirements for Nigeria Immigration recruitment 2023/2024
The requirements for NIS recruitment are divided into many parts which are;
- Educational qualifications
- Age limits
- Physical requirements.
Educational Requirements for Nigeria Immigration Jobs 2023/2024
B.Sc, HND from any Higher Institution within the country.
Age limit requirements for NIS Requirements
Age limit is between 18 and 30 years
How to Apply for Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2023/2024
To apply, fill out the application form on www.immigrationrecruitment.org.ng and include all the necessary details. Please make sure you supply the information requested on the Nigeria immigration recruiting portal and carefully follow the application instructions.
Go into NIS recruitment portal, fill out the form, and make sure to frequently visit this page for updates on the status of your application and other instructions.
The steps to apply for Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment are as follows:
- Visit the NIS recruitment site.
- Choose “Apply”
- Get the application code by completing the form.
- A clear passport photo and your credentials should be uploaded.
- Select Continue.
FAQs about the Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2023/2024
This section will discuss further the frequently asked questions about NIS recruitment 2023. Kindly go through them carefully below;
Is NIS recruitment 2023 out?
As of the time of writing this post, the Nigeria immigration recruitment 2023 is not out yet! This means that the NIS recruitment for 2023 has not been released. Check back later for further updates. Or you can subscribe to our website via the subscription button above or below for a quick notification immediately after Immigration recruitment in Nigeria is out.
When is the aptitude test for NIS recruitment 2023?
The aptitude test for the Nigeria Immigration job will be announced as soon as the application form is out. It is advisable to check back later for further updates about the NIS job application for 2023.
When is the physical screening for Nigeria Immigration recruitment 2023?
The physical screening for the Nigeria Immigration job will be announced as soon as the application form is out. It is advisable to check back later for further updates about the NIS recruitment application for 2023.
Read more information about the Nigeria Immigration screening date
Is the NIS shortlist out 2023/2024?
Read more information about Nigeria immigration recruitment shortlist
How to avoid errors in Nigeria immigration recruitment application form?
In other to prevent errors during the application of Nigeria immigration recruitment kindly go through the few tips below;
- Visit a standard and reliable cybercafe near you
- Make sure there is good and strong web connectivity before commencing your registration
- Ensure to use a functional mobile number. you can use any number.
- Ensure to use a functional email address.
- Review your form and ensure that there are no errors before and after you submit it.
- Make use of a clear photo
I’m sure this article has covered all aspects of the Nigeria Immigration recruitment 2023/2024. However, if you still have any questions you intend to ask, kindly drop them in the comment section below. Best of Luck with your application.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide ” the CEO of WITSPOT.ORG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news around the world. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|