Have you ever considered applying for admission to UC Berkeley (UC Berkeley)? If so, the UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate is a fact that merits your attention and that you shouldn’t disregard. On this page, you will see the acceptance rate and acceptance requirements in this article.
UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate: UC Berkeley 2022 to 2026 Acceptance Rate will be explained on this page. To proceed further, the full analysis and statistics for UC Berkeley UC Berkeley admissions are going to be discussed vividly.
See UCSD Acceptance Rate for all years
Admission to UC Berkeley is selective. Having said that, this article will discuss UC Berkeley acceptance rates and the average test scores of accepted candidates. We will also offer guidance and admissions-related recommendations.
In every aspect of your application, you must stand out from the competition. Numerous students are competing for the same admittance to this university in order to enroll in various courses or programs. It is advisable to feel confident if you have been having doubts about your abilities, and reading this information is one approach to do that.
UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate 2022, 2024, 2025, and 2026 introduction continues below
Moving forward, you will get the complete information regarding the UC Berkeley UC Berkeley 2022 Acceptance rate to the UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate for Class 2026 and the (UC Berkeley) Acceptance rate 2024 and UC Berkeley Acceptance Percentage for Class 2026, with a full UC Berkeley out of state acceptance rate 2022. UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate GPA and finally UC Berkeley 2022 SAT Score/ACT Score Requirements for transfers and freshmen.
Also check out Northeastern Acceptance Rate [2022 to 2026]
Brief history about the UC Berkeley
In Berkeley, California, there is a public land-grant research institution known as the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley, Berkeley, Cal, or California) . It is the first land-grant institution in the state and the original campus of the University of California system. It was founded in 1868 under the name University of California. Over 350 degree programs are available at its fourteen colleges and institutions, which enroll over 31,800 undergraduate and 13,200 graduate students. One of the best universities in the world is Berkeley.
Berkeley, a founding institution of the Association of American Universities, is home to numerous eminent research facilities specializing in the fields of science, engineering, and mathematics.
Check out Harvard acceptance Rate for all years
uc berkeley acceptance rate continues below
The university established three national laboratories at Berkeley, Livermore, and Los Alamos and still maintains close ties with each of them today. Additionally, the university was instrumental in the Manhattan Project and the discovery of 16 chemical elements as well as recent advancements in computer science and genomics. Berkeley is renowned for its political involvement as well as the 1960s Free Speech Movement.
107 national championships have been won by Berkeley’s sporting teams, who compete as the California Golden Bears predominantly in the Pac-12 Conference, and 223 Olympic medals have been won by its former students and alumni (including 121 gold medals).
Berkeley has more Nobel laureates (107), Turing Award winners (25), Fields Medalists (14), and Wolf Prize winners (30) among its alumni, faculty, and researchers than any other public university in the country. It is also associated with 34 Pulitzer Prizes, 19 Academy Awards, 108 MacArthur “Genius Grants,” and 68 National Medals of Science, more than any other public university. Seven presidents of state or government, six chief justices, including Chief Justice Earl Warren of the United States, 22 cabinet-level officials, 11 governors, and 25 living billionaires have all graduated from the university. Additionally, it is a major source of Marshall Scholars, MacArthur Fellows, and Fulbright Scholars. Numerous well-known businesses have been started by Berkeley graduates who are well known for their entrepreneurship, including Apple, Tesla, Intel, eBay, SoftBank, AIG, and Morgan Stanley. SOURCE
What is the UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate 2022, 2023, and 2026?
UC Berkeley acceptance rate is 17.5%.
This means that the general UC Berkeley acceptance rate is 17.5%. Out of all applicants to UC Berkeley, only 17.5% will be admitted into the Institution.
This further indicates how selective the school is. You have a good chance of being admitted to UC Berkeley if you meet the requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Additionally, even if you meet all other entrance requirements, you will have a very low chance of being admitted if your GPA or SAT/ACT scores are below average.
What Really Matters When Applying to UC Berkeley (UC Berkeley)
- High School GPA
- High School Rank
- High School Transcript
- College Prep Courses
Neither required nor recommended
Considered UC Berkeleyt not required
Documents needed for admission.
Documents needed for admission. It is recommended that all applicants send copies of their documentation rather than the originals because UC Berkeley will not return your documents once your application has been submitted.
Additional materials For programs that require an audition or portfolio, all applicants must send their supplemental materials (DVDs, images, articles, formats, etc.).
Financial aid for international students: If an international applicant requests financial assistance throughout the application process, they should be aware that this will affect the UC Berkeley admissions decision.
Analysis of SAT results from UC Berkeley (New 1600 SAT)
The New SAT 25th percentile score is 1300, and the New SAT 75th percentile score is 1530. So, if you take the New SAT and score 1300, you are below average, and if you score 1530, you are above average.
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Reading + Writing||690||640.||740.|
FAQs About UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate
This division is all about frequently asked questions regarding UC Berkeley acceptance rate and other relevant information.
What GPA is needed for UC Berkeley?
4.15 – 4.30 or higher
You must have an unweighted GPA of at least 4.15 – 4.30 to be taken seriously, as most applicants to UC Berkeley have unweighted GPAs of 4.15 – 4.30 or higher. You must predominantly receive As and As- in your high school courses in order to achieve the GPA standards for admission to UC Berkeley.
Is it difficult to get into UC Berkeley?
The acceptance rate at UC Berkeley in 2022 is 17.5%. Accordingly, 17.5 out of every 100 applications are accepted by UC Berkeley. With an admittance rate of only 17.5%, UC Berkeley is extremely selective—and only getting more so.
Is UC Berkeley hard to get into?
With a 17.5% acceptance rate, UC Berkeley admissions are extremely competitive.
What majors is UC Berkeley known for?
- Computer science 8.3%
- Econometrics and quantitative economics 7.4%
- Cell/cellular and molecular biology 7.1%
- Political science and government 4.7%
- Electrical and electronics engineering 4.4%
- Computer and information sciences, other3.8%
- Business administration and management3.8%
- Cognitive science3.4%
- Applied mathematics3.2%
- Environmental studies3.1%
- Mass communication/media studies2.8%
- Research and experimental psychology2.7%
- Social sciences2.3%
- English language and literature2.3%
- Biology/biological sciences2.3%
- Public health2.2%
- Legal studies1.8%
- Mechanical engineering1.7%
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies1.1%
- Chemical engineering1.1%
- Nutrition sciences1%
- Natural resources/conservation0.9%
- Social work0.9%
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering0.8%
- Film/cinema/video studies0.8%
- Civil engineering0.8%
- American/united states studies/civilization0.8%
- International/global studies0.6%
- Environmental science0.6%
- Fine/studio arts0.6%
- Rhetoric and composition0.6%
- Operations research0.6%
- Ethnic studies0.5%
- Hispanic and latin american languages, literatures, and linguistics0.5%
- Art history, criticism and conservation0.4%
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts0.4%
- Natural resources conservation and research0.4%
- Materials science0.4%
- Urban studies/affairs0.3%
- Comparative literature0.3%
- French language and literature0.2%
- Environmental design/architecture0.2%
- Hispanic-american, puerto rican, and mexican-american/chicano studies0.2%
- Women’s studies0.2%
- Landscape architecture0.2%
- Engineering science0.2%
- Botany/plant biology0.2%
- Japanese language and literature0.1%
- German language and literature0.1%
- Asian studies/civilization0.1%
- Peace studies and conflict resolution0.1%
- African-american/black studies0.1%
- Nuclear engineering0.1%
- Engineering physics/applied physics0.1%
- Middle/near eastern and semitic languages, literatures, and linguistics0.1%
- Classical, ancient mediterranean and near eastern studies and archaeology0.1%
- Oceanography, chemical and physical0.1%
- Latin american studies0.1%
- Slavic languages, literatures, and linguistics0.1%
- Geophysics and seismology0.1%
- Forest sciences and biology0.1%
- Chinese language and literature< 0.1%
- Geology/earth science< 0.1%
- Foreign languages, literatures, and linguistics< 0.1%
- American indian/native american studies< 0.1%
- Engineering< 0.1%
- Scandinavian languages, literatures, and linguistics< 0.1%
- Planetary astronomy and science< 0.1%
- Atmospheric sciences and meteorology< 0.1%
- Forest management/forest resources management< 0.1%
- Near and middle eastern studies< 0.1%
- Environmental/environmental health engineering< 0.1%
- East asian languages, literatures, and linguistics< 0.1%
- Italian language and literature< 0.1%
- Classics and classical languages, literatures, and linguistics< 0.1%
- Latin language and literature< 0.1%
- Toxicology< 0.1%
Are UC Berkeley students smart?
The competitive culture at UC Berkeley drives all of the students to compete for the best grade. At UC Berkeley, where everyone is either smarter than you or just as brilliant as you are, it is harder to stand out from the crowd than it is in high school. Nevertheless, everybody is incredibly cordial and helpful.
How Much is UC Berkeley Application fees?
For each UC Berkeley campus, the application fee is $70 ($80 for non-immigrant and international applicants). You can pay by credit card or by check; just make sure to adhere to the application’s guidelines.
Wrapping Up UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate 2022, 2024, 2025, and 2026
All of the above-mentioned data are liable to change. Thus, we do not guarantee that the information above will be entirely accurate by the time you are reading it. Please visit this school’s official website for further details.
I’m confident that this article has given you all information regarding UC Berkeley Acceptance Rate 2022, 2024, 2025, and 2026, and other information regarding UC Berkeley 2022 to 2026 Acceptance Rate.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide ” the CEO of WITSPOT.ORG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news around the world. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|