Are you interested in Joining UNICEF in Nigeria? Or do you just want to know how United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment is done? Either way, you are welcome to this page. Regarding the Recruitment of the United Nations Children’s Fund, you will learn all the necessary information. You will get to read about the following subjects;
- United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment Eligibility/Requirements
- Application Procedure
- Possible Screening Date
- The latest news on United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment
- List of available Police Screening centers around Nigeria
- United Nations Children’s Fund Firearms, and additional information regarding United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment 2023/2024.
QUICK INFO! It is recommended to read every aspect on this page, trust me all aspects matter so you won’t make mistakes during registration. It will also get you informed about what you don’t know.
Before I proceed to the main topic, let’s quickly discuss the history of United Nations Children’s Fund.
Brief History of the United Nations Children’s Fund
In an article published in Free World in September 1943 titled “A United Nations Health Service — Why not?” Polish health specialist Ludwik Rajchman proposed that a health service be incorporated into the future international organization. He also proposed a “health tax” levied on member countries. 
At the end of the UNRRA, Rajchman proposed using the remaining funds for a US-funded child-feeding program.
 On 11 December 1946, the United Nations General Assembly passed Resolution 57(I), establishing the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF). As the agency’s first chairman, Rajchman chose Maurice Pate of the Belgian Commission for Relief to direct it and “think about organizing an action, a fund for the benefit of children, war victims primarily.”  Rajchman presented the resolution to the General Assembly as the head of a special UN subcommittee, with the support of La Guardia, Herbert Hoover, and Maurice Pate.  From a temporary emergency relief agency providing food and clothing to children and mothers displaced by World War II in 1946, the agency became a permanent UN Organization in 1953 and expanded its efforts to general child welfare programs.
After discussing the brief history of UNICEF, let’s proceed to the reason United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment is essential.
Why the UNICEF recruitment process is important and what it aims to achieve
- Attract and identify talented and qualified individuals for available positions
- Ensure fairness, transparency, and non-discrimination in the selection process
- Assess candidates’ skills, experience, and potential to contribute to UNICEF’s mission
- Match candidates to the most appropriate positions based on their qualifications and preferences
- Create a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities UNICEF serves
- Provide a positive candidate experience that reflects UNICEF’s values and culture
- Strengthen UNICEF’s capacity to deliver on its mandate and achieve its goals
- Facilitate career development and advancement opportunities for staff
- Enhance the overall quality and effectiveness of UNICEF’s work through the recruitment of highly qualified and motivated individuals
- Support UNICEF’s commitment to accountability and transparency in all aspects of its operations.
Roles and Responsibilities of UNICEF Officers
- Advocate for children’s rights and well-being
- Develop and implement programs and policies that promote children’s health, education, and protection
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and impact
- Mobilize resources to support program activities
- Build partnerships and networks with other organizations and stakeholders
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to governments and partners
- Conduct research and analysis to inform program design and policy development
- Manage budgets and financial resources
- Ensure compliance with UNICEF policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and the public.
Now, let’s move on to the eligibility requirements for UNICEF recruitment.
Requirements for United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment 2023/2024
The prerequisites listed below will be displayed on the recruiting portal for all candidates to review before submitting their applications, with the understanding that only those who meet the requirements will be considered for the screening process.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subjects from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- All applicants must have 5 O’ Level Credit Passes in no more than two sittings, including Mathematics and English Language.
- Only candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field should apply.
- Applicants must be younger than 35 years old.
- Applicants must have a National Youth Service Corps discharge or exemption certificate (NYSC).
- Applicants must also be willing and able to deploy anywhere in the state.
- Applicants must be medically fit for work as determined by a government-approved hospital.
- Applicants must submit a recent passport photo, all academic certificates, and a valid form of identification (National ID card, Driver’s license, International Passport, or Voters’ card).
- Applicants must provide recent passport photos.
How to Apply for United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment 2023/2024
To apply, fill out the application form on www.jobs.unicef.org and include all the necessary details. Please make sure you supply the information requested on the Nigeria United Nations Children’s Fund recruiting portal and carefully follow the application instructions.
Go www.jobs.unicef.org to fill out the form, and make sure to frequently visit this page for updates on the status of your application and other instructions.
The steps to apply for Nigeria United Nations Children’s Fund Service (UNICEF) recruitment are as follows:
- Visit the UNICEF recruitment site
- Choose “Apply”
- Get the application code by completing the form
- A clear passport photo and your credentials should be uploaded.
- Select Continue.
FAQs about the United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment 2023/2024
This section will discuss further the frequently asked questions about UNICEF recruitment 2023. Kindly go through them carefully below;
Is UNICEF recruitment 2023 out?
As of the time of writing this post, the United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment 2023 is not out yet! This means that the UNICEF recruitment for 2023 has not been released. Check back later for further updates. Or you can subscribe to our website via the subscription button above or below for a quick notification immediately after United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment in Nigeria is out.
When is the aptitude test for UNICEF recruitment 2023?
The aptitude test for the Nigeria United Nations Children’s Fund job will be announced as soon as the application form is out. It is advisable to check back later for further updates about the UNICEF job application for 2023.
When is the physical screening for United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment 2023?
The physical screening for the Nigeria United Nations Children’s Fund job will be announced as soon as the application form is out. It is advisable to check back later for further updates about the UNICEF recruitment application for 2023.
Is the UNICEF shortlisted out 2023/2024?
The United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment shortlist will be released as soon as the physical screening/aptitude test is done. Check here for more information about the UNICEF shortlist 2023.
How to avoid errors in United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment application form?
In other to prevent errors during the application of United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment kindly go through the few tips below;
- Visit a standard and reliable cybercafe near you
- Make sure there is good and strong web connectivity before commencing your registration
- Ensure to use a functional mobile number. you can use any number.
- Ensure to use a functional email address.
- Review your form and ensure that there are no errors before and after you submit it.
- Make use of a clear photo
Wrapping Up UNICEF Recruitment
I’m sure this article has covered all aspects of the United Nations Children’s Fund recruitment 2023/2024. However, if you still have any questions you intend to ask, kindly drop it in the comment section below. Best of Luck with your application.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide ” the CEO of WITSPOT.ORG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news around the world. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|