Are you interested in Joining WAEC in Nigeria? Or do you just want to know how West African Examination Council recruitment is done? Either way, you are welcome to this page. Regarding the Recruitment of the West African Examination Council, you will learn all the necessary information. You will get to read about the following subjects;
- West African Examination Council recruitment Eligibility/Requirements
- Application Procedure
- Possible Screening Date
- The latest news on West African Examination Council recruitment
- List of available Police Screening centers around Nigeria
- West African Examination Council Firearms, and additional information regarding West African Examination Council recruitment 2023/2024.
QUICK INFO! It is recommended to read every aspect on this page, trust me all aspects matter so you won’t make mistakes during registration. It will also get you informed about what you don’t know.
Before I proceed to the main topic, let’s quickly discuss the history of West African Examination Council.
Brief History of the Nigerian West African Examination Council
In 1948, the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, the University of London School Examinations Matriculation Council, and West African Departments of Education met to discuss West African education. The meeting was called to discuss West Africa’s future education policy. They appointed Dr. George Barker Jeffery (Director of the University of London Institute of Education) to visit some West African countries to assess the general education level and requirements in the region. Jeffery presented a report (later known as the Jeffery report) at the end of his three-month visit to Ghana, the Gambia, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria, strongly supporting the need for a West African Examination Council and making detailed recommendations on the council’s composition and duties. Following the release of this report, the groups met with the governments of these countries and agreed to form a West African Examination Council, fully implementing Jeffery’s recommendations.
After discussing the brief history of WAEC, let’s proceed to the reason West African Examination Council recruitment is essential.
Why the WAEC recruitment process is important and what it aims to achieve
- To ensure the selection of qualified and competent candidates for available job positions in WAEC.
- To promote transparency and fairness in the recruitment process, without any form of discrimination.
- To uphold the credibility and integrity of WAEC as a leading examination body in West Africa.
- To enhance the workforce capacity and skills of WAEC, which will ultimately lead to improved service delivery to its stakeholders.
- To attract and retain talented individuals who will contribute to the growth and development of the organization.
- To align with international best practices in recruitment and selection, which will ensure that the right candidates are hired for the right positions.
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations governing recruitment and employment practices in West Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities of WAEC Officers
- Planning, coordinating and conducting examinations in West Africa.
- Ensuring the security and confidentiality of examination materials and processes.
- Evaluating the performance of candidates and providing feedback to stakeholders.
- Conducting research and developing assessment materials to improve the quality of examinations.
- Maintaining accurate records and reports on examination processes and outcomes.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Managing resources, including human, financial, and material, to achieve organizational objectives.
- Providing support and guidance to candidates, examination centres and other stakeholders.
- Promoting and safeguarding the integrity and reputation of the organization.
- Participating in professional development activities to enhance skills and knowledge.
Now, let’s move on to the eligibility requirements for WAEC recruitment.
Requirements for West African Examination Council recruitment 2023/2024
- Must be willing to work in a new setting.
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit, and must have a minimum of five credits in no more than two sittings of the West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), and General Certificate of Education (GCE).
- B.Sc., HND, NCE, or OND certificate from a recognized institution
- Interested applicants must be well-mannered and calm.
- All candidates must present a valid form of identification, such as a driver’s license, National Identification Card, International passport, Voters card, or NIN Number.
- Computer literacy is beneﬁcial.
- Candidates must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Certificate of birth or declaration of age
- Qualifications in education (secondary and tertiary with uploaded scanned copies of certificates obtained). The upload size should be between 50kb and 120kb, with a width of 400 pixels to 1200 pixels and a height of 600 pixels to 1500 pixels.
- A scanned passport photograph with a file size of 7kb to 30kb and a resolution of 275 x 314 pixels.
How to Apply for West African Examination Council recruitment 2023/2024
To apply, fill out the application form on .. and include all the necessary details. Please make sure you supply the information requested on the Nigeria West African Examination Council recruiting portal and carefully follow the application instructions.
Go https://recruitment.waec.com.ng/ to fill out the form, and make sure to frequently visit this page for updates on the status of your application and other instructions.
The steps to apply for Nigeria West African Examination Council Service (WAEC) recruitment are as follows:
- Visit the WAEC recruitment site
- Choose “Apply”
- Get the application code by completing the form.
- A clear passport photo and your credentials should be uploaded.
- Select Continue.
FAQs about the West African Examination Council recruitment 2023/2024
This section will discuss further the frequently asked questions about WAEC recruitment 2023. Kindly go through them carefully below;
Is WAEC recruitment 2023 out?
As of the time of writing this post, the West African Examination Council recruitment 2023 is not out yet! This means that the WAEC recruitment for 2023 has not been released. Check back later for further updates. Or you can subscribe to our website via the subscription button above or below for a quick notification immediately after West African Examination Council recruitment in Nigeria is out.
When is the aptitude test for WAEC recruitment 2023?
The aptitude test for the Nigeria West African Examination Council job will be announced as soon as the application form is out. It is advisable to check back later for further updates about the WAEC job application for 2023.
When is the physical screening for West African Examination Council recruitment 2023?
The physical screening for the Nigeria West African Examination Council job will be announced as soon as the application form is out. It is advisable to check back later for further updates about the WAEC recruitment application for 2023.
Is the WAEC shortlisted out 2023/2024?
The West African Examination Council recruitment shortlist will be released as soon as the physical screening/aptitude test is done. Check here for more information about the WAEC shortlist 2023.
Read more about WAEC Shortlisted Candidates
How to avoid errors in West African Examination Council recruitment application form?
In other to prevent errors during the application of West African Examination Council Recruitment kindly go through the few tips below;
- Visit a standard and reliable cybercafe near you
- Make sure there is good and strong web connectivity before commencing your registration
- Ensure to use a functional mobile number. you can use any number.
- Ensure to use a functional email address.
- Review your form and ensure that there are no errors before and after you submit it.
- Make use of a clear photo
I’m sure this article has covered all aspects of the West African Examination Council recruitment 2023/2024. However, if you still have any questions you intend to ask, kindly drop it in the comment section below. Best of Luck with your application.
WAEC Recruitment Related Posts
His name is Ibrahim Olamide ” the CEO of WITSPOT.ORG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news around the world. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|